utmreviews

Under The Mountain

Reviewing books since 2010. Obsessive dystopia fan.

The Vampire Stalker

The Vampire Stalker - Allison van Diepen As long as you're not planning on taking this book seriously, you're going to have a lot of fun. I certainly did! At first I was a bit iffy, what with the main character being as gushy as she is over Alexander, even when he was fictional but I got used to her pretty quickly.

The world itself is rather silly! The police and the rest of Chicago don't act as people would in today's world, it's all a bit OTT and the bad guy is as scary as pink toilet paper but that doesn;t matter. Because it's all very, very fun. The author has come up with a great concept that we all can relate to – I know of a fair few people that would quite literally die if Edward Cullen or Jace Wayland to come stepping out of their pages (not literally). And that's exactly why this appealed to me – for such and obvious concept it's almost completely unique.

There's that word again – fun. The storyline as a whole is fun, with lots of girls kicking butt as well guys, super smart librarians figuring the whole thing out, arrogant jocks being taught a lesson, a harrased author and an annoying little sister, who may not be as bad as she seems... perhaps!

Amy herself is quite level headed and actually does sensible things in the midst of all this fun flying around. She loves Alexander from the book but she has to deal with him being.. well, himself in real life which throws up a few interesting scenes! I'll defnitely be on the lookout for more books by this Author.

5 Stars