utmreviews

Under The Mountain

Reviewing books since 2010. Obsessive dystopia fan.

Die for Me

Die for Me  - Amy Plum When I started this book I thought, 'Wow, this is pretty good!' I really liked the writing style. Then cue page 20, Kate sees Vincent and everything goes mushy. The writing is still good but it's a romance I have read so many times before that I wanted to bang my head against a wall. This could have been so much better. I don't know if the Author just wanted to play it safe but I didn't enjoy the book at all.

Kate would be a good character but Vincent's character is awful, a typical Edward Cullen/Damon Auguste character that I've seen in a million other YA books. I really wanted to get into the story and read about the Revenants but there wasn't much mentioned as everything is centred around her obsession with Vincent.

Kate's and Vincent's romance drove me up the wall. They get together far to quickly for my liking and when she decides to avoid him he stalks her, standing outside her house for hours on end. I don't about you but that reminds me of someone... ~cough~EdwardCullen~cough~

What is it with the growing trend of teenage heroines in YA books dating really old men? 'Oh well, it's okay because he looks 19.' Um, he's still in his 80's!

I actually wanted Kate to get with Catherine, I think that would have been a far cuter storyline. I can picture them holding hands down the street and visiting little cafes. Or Bistros. Whatever the French call them. The word Bistro makes me think of gravy. Anyway.

I found the ending a lot duller than I was expecting. I was half expecting cartoon characters it was so silly. It wasn't as weak as the ending in Finding Sky but I felt that the author just threw whatever in, knowing it would sell anyway. It was quite disappointing. I'm not sure if I'll read the next book, unless it sounds like it will be better.