utmreviews

Under The Mountain

Reviewing books since 2010. Obsessive dystopia fan.

Afterlife: My So-Called Phantom Lovelife

My So-Called Phantom Lovelife - Tamsyn Murray I won this from Goodreads, it's signed and I also got a small packet of sweets with the book's name on it. Thank you Tamsyn, you're awesome!

The book focuses on Skye, who can see ghosts. We first meet her when she's rowing a boat with her friends in the middle of the Serpentine Lake, Hyde Park. I found it weird reading a novel set in England, I'm used to American settings. Anyway, Skye meets a ghost there (after her friend nearly drowns) who died a few months ago. His name is Owen and they become good friends. Meanwhile her creepy ex boyfriend is now in her History classes, trying to woo her again. He's part of some cult who are like, really evil. Owen meets one of them and wants to become... more real... but he doesn't realise what the ritual will do to him.

My So-Called Phantom Love Life is a teen comedy-romance with a dash of suspense. I found plenty of quotes that made me giggle. Although it's aimed at the Younger YA group, I thoroughly enjoyed it. The ending wasn't one I was expecting and I would love to read a sequel to this. Must remember to buy the other books!