utmreviews

Under The Mountain

Reviewing books since 2010. Obsessive dystopia fan.

Shadowland The Immortals

Shadowland The Immortals - Alyson Noel If Shadowland was part of a sandwich filling, it would be that bit of soggy lettuce that you don't really want, but decide to eat anyway. It wasn't the best book in the series and quite frankly, it's pretty boring. Unfortunately I wanted to get to the last book, so it needed to be read. I do love The Immortals series, purely for it's silliness (I'm not a Vampire! I have magick juice!) and hopefully the rest of the books will be better.

Ever is the main problem in this. She's developed a rather large ego and ignores everyone's advice, which just makes everything more awkward. She doesn't seem to realise she's immortal and has all the time in the world, she too focused on getting laid, to put it bluntly.

The addition of the twins was a nice one, as they were my favourite characters in the last book. They show their age more in this one and actually start acting like 13 year olds. This would be great but Ever just sees them as the second obstacle in the way of her, Damen and a large bed. The first one being your favourite creepy stalker that's about as scary as a Scottish Fold kitten, Roman. Roman does what he's good at in this - he turns up every so often, basically sings 'I've got the cure and you can't have it!' and disappears again. Only without the singing. And poor Ever. Not only dies she have to cope with Roman and the Twins but Sabine has a new boyfriend who's also Ever's teacher! They shouldn't be dating! It's gross! And Ever has to get a job with a really hot surfer guy! How Ever* will she cope?

*Pun intended.