utmreviews

Under The Mountain

Reviewing books since 2010. Obsessive dystopia fan.

There You'll Find Me

There You'll Find Me - Jenny B. Jones I was in need of some more fluff after reading a heavy historical book that wasn't as great as I was hoping, and this little book really did the trick. On one side, it's quite serious, dealing with Finley's grief after the death of her older brother, and on the other it's rather silly - on a flight to Ireland, a place that her brother loves, she ends up sitting next to the hottest boy in Hollywood - Beckett Rush, who's filming his latest Vampire movie in Ireland. Yes, really! I couldn't help but picture him as Robert Pattinson, of course. Strangely enough, this formula seems to work.

Finley has a lot of issues. Although she's rich this isn't touched upon much but what we do know is that she became quite wild after her brother's death, and has some anorexic tendencies to work through. She goes to Ireland to try and find God, as her brother did, and she if she can finish the song she made for him, as part of her Audition piece for a school of music. On top of that she's assigned a grandmother to look after who's trying to gain her Sister's forgiveness for mistakes she made in the past. And then there's Beckett, who's always around and staying at the same Bed and Breakfast that Finley is. He might be perfect for Finley, if she can stop thinking about herself for a little while and realise his true personality.

Beckett annoys Finley a lot and has a tendency to call her by the wrong name on purpose but undeath his Hollywood charm is a very adorable guy trapped by his Father's expectations. I think he connects with Finley quickly because she's just what he needs - real. She helps his with his lines and doesn't moon over him like the other girls and he seems to enjoy the challenge!

There You'll Find Me is a great book to curl up on the sofa with on a rainy day, especially if you like fluffy reads. I loved every minute of it and I'm sad that I finished it so quickly!