utmreviews

Under The Mountain

Reviewing books since 2010. Obsessive dystopia fan.
I'll start by stating that this is The Best Book I Have Ever Read, and I don't say that lightly - I have read a lot of books - but none like this one. It made me laugh until I nearly cried. It's funny, sad, romantic and just simply fantastic (look Mom, I didn't say awesome!). I took longer than usual to finished this because I just didn't want it to end. I loved all the characters and I can honestly say that this is the first time that my favourite character is made out of cardboard.
There's a twist in the plot of course and I'm sad to say that I guessed it at the beginning. I don't know how I guess these so easily, although this twist isn't too difficult to guess.

Funnily enough, I can also relate to the story - I actually met my OH through Facebook but due to where we both lived at the time, I wasn't able to meet him until about 8 months later. I definitely remember staying up until about 4 in the morning just so I could talk to him...

I'd post all my favourite quotes here, but I'm not sure if Jessica would appreciate me pasting the entire book here. If you're looking for something uplifting, heart-warming and downright hilarious this year, buy this.