utmreviews

Under The Mountain

Reviewing books since 2010. Obsessive dystopia fan.

Tempus (Tempus, #1)

Tempus (Tempus, #1) - Tyra Lynn Tempus is a really cute romance story about 17 year old Jessie who lives in a small town with her Dad. They both have a love of antiques and run an antiques store in town. Jessie has another reason to love antiques though – when she touches old objects, she sometimes gets a glimpse into the past, of previous owners of the objects. Despite this, she's a pretty average teenager – at the beginning she decides to go out, buy herself some new clothes and get her hair done. Then she discovers that her childhood crush is love with her and we I guessed where the story would be heading – but I was wrong! Shortly after this Jessie's dad buys her a mirror and when she touches it she sees a glimpse of a boy – who sees her too.

Odd things keep getting odder throughout the book and I got more confused as it went along! One minute Jessie's with Steve, the next she's with Gabriel, whoops, time rewound, the day you just read about is no more. This was a lot of fun though, trying to keep up. I will admit though, that I was... bored in places. The story seems incredibly long and it seems as if everytime Jessie sees Gabriel there's a need for a 20 page long conversation about Time Travel.

Their relationship is very sweet though. I loved Gabriel, who definitely wasn't a cardboard cutout, unlike (sorry) Steve! I never got who Steve was, apart from a bit creepy. One telephone conversation about a young Jessie in a pink dress had me shuddering slightly. There's something weird about that guy. Back to Gabriel and his pirate shirt. I love me a guy in a pirate shirt. The romance between them was perfect and compulsively readable. The ending was absolutely amazing and left me with a soppy smile on my face! I'm looking forward to the sequel!